Heb. 12:24; 9:19-23
The blood is the greatest instrument of warfare and protection that we have. If the blood of goats and lambs can purge, purify and do all things in the Old Testament, imagine what the blood shed by Christ can do! In Christ’s blood lies our ultimate victory.
TRUTHS ABOUT THE BLOOD OF CHRIST
- The blood of Jesus is SACRED. It is the blood of the perfect God-man. Phil. 2:5-8. He alone was qualified to give His blood as the atonement of sins.
- The blood of Jesus is INNOCENT. Matt. 27:3,4. It is without guilt. If you are under guilt, you must know that the blood of Christ is capable to remove your guilt. (see I John 1:7; II Cor. 5:21; Heb.4:15). Only His blood contains none of the sinful corruption which permeates all other humanity. Even when Judas betrayed Jesus, he knew he was betraying innocent blood (Matt. 27:4). Jesus’ blood is BLAMELESS.
- The blood of Jesus is NECESSARY. Heb. 9:22.23 tells us ALL things are cleansed with the blood. The blood of Christ is absolutely essential, for without it there cannot be remission of sins. Also see Exodus 12:13
- The blood of Jesus is SUFFICIENT. Rom. 3:24-25. Through the blood we are justified freely from all sins. The blood of Jesus is more than enough because by it, Christ has redeemed us once for all. The songwriter was more than correct when he wrote “Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe; sin hath left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow.”
- The blood of Jesus is VALUABLE/PRECIOUS. I Pet. 1:18,19. Because we are redeemed by the precious blood of Christ, we are therefore also precious!
Leviticus 17:11 “For the life … is in the blood”. Remember the story of Cain and Abel? When Cain spilled his brother’s blood, Abel’s blood cried out for vengeance. Are you curious to find out what Jesus’ blood cried out for when it was spilled for your sake? Yes? Let’s find out!
THE BLOOD SPEAKS
The blood of Christ speaks and will always speak, better than the blood of Abel. It speaks:
1. Protection and Safety. Exodus 12:13 “…there shall no plague be upon you to destroy you”
2. Deliverance from the pits of helplessness. Zechariah 9:11. Christ’s blood saves us even when we think there is no more help for us.
3. Remission of sins & forgiveness. Matt. 26:28. There is formal redemption through the blood of Christ. Our sins are totally absolved and we are let off the hook of sin.
4. Life. Eternal and abundant life is granted through the blood. We become part and parcel of the living Father through the blood of His Son. John 6:53-56.
5. Purchase. Acts. 20:28. Through the blood, there comes a display of ownership on us. We are no longer a property for sale or a guinea pig for the devil’s experiments. We have been purchased by the blood, hence we are victors and not victims.
6. Propitiation. His precious blood speaks atonement for our sins. Jesus was punished for our sins and He bled so that we will not go through series of punishment for our sins. He suffered so we will not suffer.
7. Justification. We are justified and saved from the wrath of God through the blood of Christ. All charges against us are dropped. The blood of Jesus speaks a clean beginning for us! Rom. 5:9
8. Blessing. I Cor. 10:16 – when we partake of the communion of the blood of Christ, we partake of an overflowing cup of blessings.
9. Protection. As the blood did for the Israelites in Exodus 12:13, the blood of Christ lets all sort of harm and evil pass over us. We are fully protected in Christ from plagues and danger.
10. Redemption. The blood of Jesus repurchases, saves and delivers us from every evil captivity. When we have digressed and walked away from the God’s chosen path for us, Jesus’ blood allows for redemption and salvation.
11. Bridges the gap. Eph. 2:13,17. The blood brings us close to God and to our breakthrough. If we’ve been far away from God, the blood brings us near to Him again.
12. Peace. Col. 1:20. The blood speaks reconciliation and peace between God and us; and whose blood better bring that peace than that of the Prince of Peace Himself!
13. Error Removal. Heb. 9:7. Jesus offered His blood for our errors to be removed. Oh how, He loves us! He just erases our errors like that, with His blood!
14. Purgation. Heb. 9:14. The blood purges/cleanses our conscience form dead works. The blood performs internal surgery, purging our conscience so we can have the liberty to serve God.
15. Bold Entrance. Heb. 10:19. Having being cleansed by the blood, we are granted bold entrance into God’s holy place.
16. Sanctification & Separation. Jesus’ blood entirely sanctifies us and separates us unto God and for His use. Heb. 13:12.
17. Everlasting Covenant. Heb. 13:20. Having been raised up from spiritual death through the blood shed by Christ, we enter a “forever-covenant” with God.
18. Open destinies. Revelations 2:9,10. Having been purchased by His blood, we have been destined as children of God to be kings and priests; and to reign on earth!
19. Healing. I Pet. 2:24. When Jesus was nailed naked on the cross, beaten and made to bleed; He did not just to take away our sins, but also to take away our infirmities for by His stripes we are healed!
20. Victory. Rev. 12:11. By the blood of Christ, we are enabled to overcome the devil and his works.
Now, after knowing all these things that the blood of Jesus can do for us, how then do we apply it in our lives?
APPLYING THE BLOOD
Just as the Israelites had to sprinkle the blood of the animal on their doorposts, the blood of Jesus is already shed for us – all we have to do is apply and activate it in our lives. And we can apply the blood with our words, see Romans 10:10. We have to continually confess with our mouths; we are applying the blood when we say “the blood of Jesus was shed for ME”. We can apply the blood to our body for healing (Isa. 53:5); we can apply it to ourselves and family for protection (Exo. 12:13); we can apply it for our children and their circumstances (Job 1:5). And as we continue to apply this precious blood, we are continually redeemed by Christ and Satan cannot touch us. The blood of Jesus will NEVER lose its power, but it will only make a difference in our lives IF we apply it.
My prayer for you today is that as you apply the blood of Jesus for you and your family, may its power continue to manifest in every area of your life in Jesus’ name. Remain blessed!