Proverbs 26:2 As the sparrow in her wandering, as the swallow in her flying, So the curse that is causeless alighteth not.
Curses have been placed on many; while many have placed curses on themselves by their deeds/actions. This blog on curses is to enlighten you on the things not to do in order to avoid curses; but first, you must know that:
(a) You are cannot be cursed when you are living right
(b) You cannot be cursed when your ways please God
(c) Curses do not come without causes
HOW TO AVOID BEING CURSED
1. Prov. 3:33 – Stay away from any act of wickedness. The curse of God is on the house of the wicked (see what happened to Pharaoh, for instance!)
2. Prov. 30:11; Deut. 27:16 – Do not dishonour your parents, whether biological or spiritual. The best gift you can give to your father and mother is honour. Deut. 27:16, if you are bold enough to look your father in the face to say or do mean things, then be ready and bold to receive God’s curses.
3. Psa.109:18 – If you have made yourself a specialist in cursing others, instead of blessing them, curses also will be part and parcel of you. Do not curse; bless instead!
4. Prov. 28:27 – Do not hide your face from the poor. When a man has but refuses to give to those that truly lack, the Bible says “many a curse” shall he have.
5. Mal. 3:8-10 – Do not rob God in tithes and offering; and do not give Him an offering that does not befit Him. The rule here is quite simple… rob and be cursed. Whatever that is God’s and you consume is poison for your soul. So heed the word today, and quit stealing from God.
6. Mal. 2:1-2 – Avoid not giving glory unto God’s name. You must put it in mind to give praise and glory unto God’s names for all He has done, is doing and will do for you. The punishment of not giving glory unto His name is that our blessings shall then be cursed. This is a huge repercussion! Do not curse your blessings by NOT giving Him glory; bless more your blessings by giving glory unto His name.
7. Gen. 12:3 – Do not make the mistake of cursing someone that God has blessed. God’s promise to His children is that He will bless those that bless them, AND curse those that curse them. Now, we all know God stands by His word; if you decide to curse a person that God has blessed, you will be bringing a truckload of curses upon yourself also. It is like in that adage of a man that is pointing a finger at somebody, and is unknowing that he is pointing four fingers right back at himself.
*** Now you know most of the things you should avoid not to be cursed. Go and be blessed!